Leaders in precision agriculture for industry
A key strength of our business is our comprehensive history of working with government agencies, industry bodies, academia and agronomist to manage agricultural research projects.
As precision agriculture is fundamentally about using technology to measure plants and soil characteristics, we can integrate this information into the reporting and evaluation process of many cropping, pasture, soil, landscape and environmental projects.
We can tap into our resources to utilise the latest GPS and field technology, geospatial software, experienced staff, including field technicians, software and data processing specialists, soil scientists and project managers. We are independent service providers, collaborating with a broad spectrum of agribusinesses and platforms.
- Agricultural Technology
- Farming Machinery Automation
- Soil Health
- Water Quality
- Land Degradation
Some recent projects
- Four year research project for the Rural Industry Research and Development Corporation (Federal Government) into the application of Precision Agriculture techniques for the rice industry
- Analysis of opportunities for Precision Horticulture for the Department of Primary Industry (Victoria)
- New techniques and technologies for managing erosion in Central Qld for the Fitzroy Basin Association
- Understanding paddock variability of soil pH and monitoring soil cover levels with satellite imagery for the Mid Loddon Landcare Group
- Soil fertility mapping dairy pastures for the West Vic Dairy
- Sustainable Farming Systems on Darling Downs Qld for the Condamine Alliance
- Annual catchment ground cover analysis for the Condamine Alliance
- Training and Demonstration of Precision Agriculture in Practice with SPAA and GRDC
- Managing Soil Acidity for Glenelg Hopkins CMA and Southern Farming Systems
- Technical review of Conservation Farming Manual with Lachlan CMA
- Field based testing with proximal and remote sensing for nitrogen stress in wheat for the Department of Primary Industry (Victoria)
- Stubble Management in the high rainfall zone with Dr Matt McCallum, SFS, Vaderstaad & GRDC
- Evaluating performance of proximal and remote crop sensors with RMIT
- CTF on dairy farms for Queensland Dairyfarmers Association
- Action on the ground project on increasing carbon on degraded pasture and cropping lands
Applied Research Programs currently seeking partners and funding
- The use of Variable rate fertilizer application for the reduction in water usage in arid farming Systems.
- The use of Variable rate fertilizer application for the reduction in nutrient runoff in water catchments
- Measuring the use and non use of precision agriculture practices to agriculture land values,
On Farm Trials
Working with Farmers, Government Agencies, Agronomists and Researchers to implement and manage on farm trials.
Conducting on farm research trials can provide some of the most useful information available for decision making regarding specific farming systems. Precision Agriculture has the scientific resources, sophisticated systems and farm network to implement and continual monitoring of applied research projects.
We can help design trials and analyse the results – providing you with specific, detailed and relevant information which can be used to help continually improve real world outcomes and farming system. Where yield or biomass information is available we can strategically locate trials to run through different soil types in order to make the trial more valuable.
These trials are critical when researchers and farmers start to implement variable rate programs – calibration strips are used to determine whether the variable rate inputs have been set at the most effective levels. Upon completion of each trial, you will receive a report detailing the results, maps, statistical and economic analysis.